Sunday, April 03, 2005

It's been a month...

I know, I know, yesterday was the 2nd. It's been a month. It seems impossible. It still seems like she is going to pop in the front door, yelling, "Hey, mom, I'm home."

Friday night, the 1st, was sweet, sort of. Pete and I went out for dinner with Eve, Drew and Katie. (Thank you Sarah for watching Katie's kids.) We could share and laugh and be goofy. (Can you say "uterus"?) but then back at the house, Eve and I reading, talking, trying to make some sense of it all. Not possible. Later, after Eve left and Katie and Drew had come back to describe their time down at Lake Michigan, I thought I was going to bed. But I was drawn to go into her bedroom...to spend some time in there praying, crying, looking at pictures from when she was in Mexico. Man, this hurts! It's after midnight. And then the front door pops open...for a minute I am thinking, what is going on? Kristin's in Colorado. Not Laurie...but instead, it is beautiful Katie returning the portable crib I will need for Hayden in the morning. She sees, she knows, what I have been doing and we cry some more in each other's arms. It is the 2nd. It's been a month...

6 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

Oh Barb...sadness is so close...I'm sorry...I'm just so sorry...
If I say UTERUS will it bring laughter for a moment?!

April 03, 2005 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb! I would love to make a Laurie crossword with you!! I already have some fun clues!! She told me about your 8 minute record! What a babe you are! We'll have to do that when I come home in may! Love you so much!
Randi

April 03, 2005 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...I stumbled across this amazing site where you and your wonderful family pour your hearts out, and I am amazed. I check it numerous times a day and somehow it helps me to know that you are all still so alive and feeling. I only wish I could say something to help, but I know it's not possible. Just know that I think about you many times a day and how much I adore your family.
Love Always,
Abby
(abbyj007@aol.com)
P.S. I havn't forgotten about our coffee date!

April 04, 2005 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

barb, its Katharine...I cant believe it either...I'm so sorry, know that I love you all so very much. You all are amazing. I pray so often for all of you...I love you all.

April 05, 2005 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, It's me your sister Gail. I sit here and weep over all that you have written and been through. Please feel my hug. I love you so much. I miss Laurie so much. I look at her picture and cry. I just want to hold her one more time, ya know? I'm in your heart sis. I love you.....Gail

April 06, 2005 12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, I just want to tell you that you are an amazing women, and i am so blessed to know you!

April 07, 2005 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental