Monday, March 28, 2005

From Kristin to Jenna...

Kristin just read to me what she had just emailed to her and Laurie's friend Jenna. It was so beautiful and encouraging, I asked her if I could share it on my blog. Here it is:

"You are so Special Jenna! Ache if need to ache but know that you are loved and cared for! I am leaving tomorrow for Colorade, maybe I'll persuade Katharine for us to come and see you...

Mike Breaux told us yesterday he found joy in watching a little boy skip. Then he did it and found joy. Skip down your dorm hall or on your way to class. Even if it's only for 10 seconds. I did it with my nephew yesterday and it honestly makes you smile. Trust me, you feel like a little kid and the world seems just a tad sweeter. You feel alive when you notice your heart beating just a little faster, each time your feet hit the ground, when the air becomes just a bit swifter across your face. And slowly you will notice a smile coming on. I'm learning that I need to remember that I'm still alive. And while often times I don't feel that way or want to, I am. I am alive, Jenna! And so are you and that is a gift.

I had to read a whole section for one of my classes but this is an exerpt from The Buddha Meditation: The Path to Enlightenment that has stuck with me since: 'Consider how strange and wonderful it is that man, on drawing in his breath, can immediately afterward breath out again; so little can life be trusted! And this is another strange and wonderful thing that, having slept, he wakes up again, and that, having got up, goes to sleep again, for many are the adversities of those who have a body.'

We get small gifts of life every moment of every day. You know that! I know you wrote about it and thought about it and yearned to live life remembering it. Live life as Laurie did...running, skipping, playing frisbee, jumping out of airplanes (very carefully, of course!), play hopscotch or golf in a hole in your front yard, swing as high as you can, lay down at a forest preserve and rest. Live your life through your five senses and pay attention to them! They enhance the quality of life and the moments of your days.

Laurie robbed me, my family, you, the world of a lot of memories, time, help, smiles and experiences. But she did not leave a lack of love or encouragement or spirit. You have similiar gifts. Run with them and make the world better because of you. You already have and I know without a fraction of a doubt that you will continue until the day you breathe your last breath. I love you. I love you. I LOVE YOU! You are so unique and so special, I pray that you will discover that for yourself.

Have a better rest of the day, Jenna. Kick and scream and cry but smile a little, too and maybe laugh. Don't let her ended joy rob you of all of yours. You are beautiful when you smile... Kristin"

Wow, I love that girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental