Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Morning 2005

So different this year. Mom and Dad both gone, first Easter without them. And Laurie gone, too. Too unbelievable, too raw.
Did I want to get out of bed this morning? Could I just pull the covers over my head and say "No, today I wither up and tell everyone to go away!"

No, I don't want to do that at all. Today our family is going to church, today we are still going to celebrate the risen Christ! Today we are coming back here for an Easter egg hunt, we are going to eat this gi-normous 25 lb ham that was given to us as well as a prime rib roast someone else gave us. (Is this something new? Meat for the grieving? None the less, it is appreciated.) Our family, 22 adults and 8 kids under five, will hang out. We will call Greg and Cheryl and the girls, missing them, especially, this year. But the part I really like is that we are still a family in every sense of the word.

So, God, today, thanks for what you did for us. Thanks for sacrificing your Son for us. I can only imagine that pain...in fact, I know a little of it. Thanks God for being the Lord of the universe...

4 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

Thanks Barb...I'll try some of that celebrating the Risen Christ too....

March 27, 2005 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was reading Luke 23 on Friday about Jesus' death I kept thinking about you. You must really know how God felt on that day, even though it's a lot different. And though I cry every time I read an entry of yours, I really appreciate what you're writing. You are so amazing!! And I want you to know that I am STILL encouraged by the letters that Laurie wrote me. They are some of the best ones I have ever received! I love you and I'm praying for you and you whole family, especially today.
in Him,
Katie Parker

March 27, 2005 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,
It was so good to see you, and hug you at the fast trac bus line. You come to mind almost daily - and I pray for your heart. One day - wholly healed - with Jesus' arms wrapped around you and Laurie. What a day that will be.
Love you,
Deb P.

March 27, 2005 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting your light shine, Barb. Thanks for letting Laurie's light shine yet. It was good to see you yesterday...
-Nick Tsiakals-
Psalm 145:13-14

March 27, 2005 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental