Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Focus

In the morning without my glasses on, I can bearly see the clock. I put on my glasses, get to the bathroom and pop in my contacts and I am good to go. Focus is pretty crucial. In a few days Greg will have laser surgery to correct his sucky vision. Chris, Christa, Heidi, Mandy have already experienced this modern day miracle. I am content at this point to keep popping in my contacts, but what I need is focus...real focus.

We had a disgusting "family" meeting today. I am learning what it means to be bipolar; I am learning that the role as mom, mentor, mediator is up for grabs when it comes to this disorder. Everything goes into a grab bag and you never know what you are going to pull out. I think today I pulled out a handful of slime. So did Tommy. It is still dripping off me.

So I need to focus, where does God want me to be in this? Focused. 20/20 on Him. Not the mess, not the stinging words, not the tragedy. Focused on the One that sees every trial, every valley, every tear...Give me focus, okay, God?

And tomorrow I am going to blog about the coolest lighter in the world. Given to me by the coolest Grand Rapids girl in the world whose birthday it is tomorrow!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...remember always, before Him you are clean and beautiful. In this life there is no perfection. We are all diamonds in the rough but in the end the Lord views us as flawless and clean when we remain in Him, obey Him and serve Him. Hang in there. (Psalm 91)

You are loved.

EG

March 22, 2006 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,

There's a new song by Matt Redman that just speaks to my heart...hope it touches yours. You can listen to a clip on his website:

You Never Let Go

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I´m caught in the middle of the storms of this life,
I won´t turn back, I know You are near.

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

O no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
O no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
O no, You never let go -
Lord You never let go of me.

And I can see a light is coming for the heart that holds on -
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
We´ll live to know You here on the earth.

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes,
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You.

Praying the Lord keeps holding you up....Becky

March 22, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger PixieGirl said...

Lasik is quite wonderful, but it's small compared to being able to see God in the middle of devastation. I love you Bunches Aunt Barb! I thank God for bringing you into my family.

Mandy

March 22, 2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Barb, I'm so sorry everything is such a trial right now. Bipolar makes life miserable, not just for the poor person suffering from it, but for everyone who loves that person. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

-Alison

March 22, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Barb, I love you and will pray, pray, pray. I am sorry its so yucky sometimes. I love you sis...love, Gail

March 22, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger G.E.K said...

i like the post, i dont know what its like to be bi polar, i do have seasonal affective disorder though so i can kinda realte, in the winter anyway. hope things are going well and God Bless.


lifebeforethee.blogspot.com

March 22, 2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental