Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Words are so powerful...

As I logged on just now, these are the exact words I just heard from the TV in the kitchen. I could not agree more. Words are so powerful. The power of blogs, the power of the spoken word, the power of emails, thoughtfully written out. And as of right now, this minute, all my saved emails are gone. Every one. Every email sent to me that I put in a file named "Encouragement",; every one I had in a file named "Laurie"; everyone I had in a file named "Family pictures"... gone. Can we recover them? I hope so. Just in the last few days I received some powerful emails that I had not yet responded to.

But is this minor problem going to yank me down. Not so much. I trust that the emails I will need to prop me up will reappear. What I really need now is God's power for tomorrow. Have I been strangely quiet the last few days? Yes, I have and is it because the anniversary of Laurie's death has overpowered me? No, it is because since Sunday afternoon and evening and into the early hours of Monday, we have had to relive the awful events of last year, this time, Katie.

I have hesitated to blog about what has been happening. Now most of our family is informed and I have prayed about what to say here. At this moment Katie, my beloved, beautiful Katie is in a psychiatric hospital. The events leading to her being there are so painful but I know God has had His hand on each event, each prompting, each moment. Tomorrow, several of us are meeting with the case workers, doctors to make decisions on what is the next step for Katie. The only thing I know is that I want to ask to pray before we begin. Our meeting is at 1:00 PM. If you are reading this, please pray for God's wisdom, discernment, mercy at this time.

It was not Katie's time to join Laurie. Thank you, Lord, for that. I know this seems absurd. I know that what has gone on with us over the last year is beyond what any one should have to endure but somehow, God, You want to use us for Your glory. May it be so...Give me Your strength, give Tommy Your peace, give the caseworkers a supernatural sensitivity to Katie and what she needs. Give Denver, Maya and Isaiah the strongest sense of You. Lord, words are so powerful. Give us the right words...

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Mrs. K. I admire your strength throughout all of this past year, and I know God will be glorified through this somehow. My prayers are definitely with you always.

March 09, 2006 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps: thanks for the picture :)

March 09, 2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

PRAYING! praying, praying, praying, praying... Love you.

March 09, 2006 4:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh Barb, I am so sorry for all of this. I will definately continue to pray for you & your family.

March 09, 2006 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...your feelings are more than justified. You are in a hard place right now and be assured that I am praying and will continue to pray for healing and peace for all of you....especially Katie, Tommy and the children. I'm praying that Satan would be bound and that God's army of angels will surround all of you to protect, comfort and guide you through yet another journey. It is so hard to be patient and understand why these things are all coming at once. I'm pleading with the Lord to give you relief and peace and His assurance that He is right there with you.

You are all loved.

EG

March 09, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger NicaGirl said...

Barb, I have said a prayer for you. I hope all day you will just feel God's presence with you and just know He is going before you. I pray His angels will srround you with a hedge of protection all day and as you continue to go through this difficult time. YOu are not alone.

March 09, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger shelly said...

Praying.

March 09, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger stacy a said...

I'm sorry for what you have gone through and what you are going through now. I pray for you and your family daily. I pray that the Lord will give you the strength and guidance that you need to get through this day.

March 09, 2006 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...
As I said, yesterday in my voice mail message...I love you, and will definitely be praying for all of you for strength, peace and discernment. Also, that Satan will be bound, and Jesus' arms will be around all of you, as He accompanies all of you on this next journey...
Love,
Karen

March 09, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

always...
--in my heart
--thankful for the strength God gives you
--a call away
--thankful for your family and being real
--praying

March 09, 2006 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family.

March 09, 2006 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Lord helps the fallen and lifts up those bent beneath their loads." - Psalm 145:14

Praying, and holding you in warm sisterly love.

Becky

March 09, 2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family each and every day. As always, may you feel His loving arms, feel His comfort and His peace, and may you draw from His strength. Love you!

March 09, 2006 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Everything will work out, eventually...I know it is hard to see that now, but it will!!

March 09, 2006 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of the hard time you are going through. Praying for Katie, and for you.

March 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh Barb. I am so sorry to hear this. I know the meeting was yesterday, so I guess I can't pray for that exactly, but I can pray for whatever happens now, and I will, and I will sic the prayer forces out here on it too.

March 10, 2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental