Thursday, June 02, 2005

Three Months and counting...

Today marks three months that Laurie is gone. When she had gone to Mexico, I counted off the months til she would be home. Three months down, seven more to go...I could stick it out. We could communicate by email, letters, phone, a visit down there. But this, no coming back home, at least to 921. This stinks.

Today we will get through by doing something cool that Laurie should be doing with us. Kristin, my sister JoAnne and I are going to New York City! We are going to Book Expo, a giant trade show where hundreds of authors will be presenting their latest book. Kristin loves words, books, literature. This will be so great for her. Laurie loved words, too. So do I. Why would I be writing this if I did not?
So we will be collecting books to bring back home; we will see the sights. We will experience a city we have never visited before. Gee, Laur, you would have loved this adventure. Miss you, baby...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bigger than Me said...

Mom, you guys are going to have such an amazing time! We'll be watching the today show tomorrow and saturday (since I can't remember which one you're going to go to!) Oh, and if you find a book with all the answers to life's questions, pick it up for me, will you? I love you oodles!
Katie

June 02, 2005 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good moring Barb.....

In my quiet time this morning, I thought of you and prayed that today would be special for you. Then I read your blog and was so happy for you to be going to New York. I'm sure the Big Apple will provide a lot to see and do. Enjoy your time away and I will keep you all in my prayers.

In His Love,

E. Goodmiller

June 02, 2005 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental