Friday, May 13, 2005

God calling...

This morning I woke up with such a heavy heart. So many friends and family feeling sadness, fear, despair, anxiousness. I want to help and encourage but sometimes it is all I can do to make myself move forward. As I made my side of the bed, I thought, "God, where are you?" And just then I glimpsed on the hope chest (yes, I get the irony.) at the end of our bed, a book peeking out of the pile of stuff. The title is "God Calling" by AJ Russell. We have been given many books and I thank all of you who have sent them along.

I sit down to read today's devotional in "God Calling" and this is what it said:

"Turn out all thoughts of doubt and of trouble. Never tolerate them for one second. Bar the window and doors of your soul against them as you would bar your home against a thief who would steal in to take your treasures.
What greater treasures can you have than Peace and Rest and Joy? And these are all stolen from you by doubt and fear and despair. Face each day with Love and Laughter. Face the storm. Joy, Peace, Love, My great gifts. Follow Me to find all three. I want you to feel the thrill of protection and safety now. Any soul can feel this in a harbor, but real joy and victory come to those who sense these when they ride a storm.
Say "All is well." Say it not as a vain repetition. Use it as you use a healing balm for a cut or wound, until the poison is drawn out; then, until the sore is healed; then,until the thrill of fresh life floods your being. All is well."

I often heard Laurie say to others and me not to let things/people rob you of your joy. So today I will chose not to be robbed of joy. I can't quite say all is well, but I am getting a little closer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,
I love that little book, God Calling.
I have been staying at Reaslands and I sit on their deck and watch as the birds come and eat out of the bird feeders. Yes the cardinals too. Many. I think of you and pray that peace come to your heart....You deserve it. Gail

May 13, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

like it. see you did lift someone else up...

May 14, 2005 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its absolutely AMAZING how you can see God so much, even when at times he seems soo far. I love you barb, and it was so good to see you on friday!

May 16, 2005 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental