Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What I learned in Florida

I just read Greg's blog about Costa Rica. What an amazing brain and heart that Greg has!

What I learned while down in Sarasota this past weekend with Jim and Lee Harshaw is that God provides the comfort one needs. Every part of our time there was blessed in some way or another. From seeing the beautiful Reuben paintings at the John Ringling Museum, to sprinkling some of Laurie's ashes into the Gulf of Mexico, to finding the mobile home park, El Rancho Village, here my grandma and grandpa used to spend their winters decades ago, to just hearing such wisdom and love from Jim and Lee, even as they grieve the death of their son, all these things renewed and refreshed Pete and me.

Do I feel any less grief now then I did over two months ago? No. Do I understand any more about why Laurie took her own life? No. Do I feel a sense of healing balm every once in a while? YES. Do I get that both grief and joy can be experienced and not feel guilty about that? YES.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb....
What a beautiful picture of you and Pete with the sunset in the background. I'm so very thankful that you had that time with Jim and Lee. They are amazing people and such wonderful role models for all of us. I know that only God can ease your pain and renew your spirit, but I do believe he uses people to help along the way.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't pray for you and your family. I just wish I could do more.

Please know that you are loved and prayed for.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

May 25, 2005 9:12 AM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Eileen,
Know that your prayers and loving comments left on the various blogs mean so much to all of us. I appreciate that more than you know. I promise we will get together soon. Love, Barb

May 25, 2005 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental