Thursday, May 19, 2005

It was a four cardinal day...

Today was a four cardinal day. If you are not familiar with what seeing a cardinal means to me, go to www.laurieboncimino.com and read the story.

As I left the house to go see niece Molly for a haircut, feeling sad, a male cardinal flew above my car followed by his mate. Hmmm...thanks God. You do see me. And then sitting out on Molly's little deck with Molly processing where we all are with Laurie's death, a big, fat cardinal lands in the tree near us. Molly has not seen cardinals there before. Well, thanks, God, again for that.

Driving the 45 minute drive back home, I am praying for Katie and how tough this is for her. For my granddaughters, Ashley and Brooke, and how they are dealing with this. For other family members who seem to have an extraordinary time figuring out how to process everything...and of course, one more cardinal soars through the sky. God, You are in control. You are the One to turn to, in the darkest of times and in the best of times. Thank you for all of it.

Tomorrow Pete and I go to Sarasota, FL as guests of my dear friends, Jim and Lee Harshaw. I know God has provided this little oasis of time to get refreshed and renewed in Him. We are blessed. And on a whim, I am taking some of Laurie's ashes to sprinkle in the Gulf of Mexico, that they would reach the shores of a country she loved when she served there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe & blessed trip

May 20, 2005 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
Have a great and restful time. Had to tell you, A cardinal woke me up this morning. Where I am staying, it is very quiet. Male cardinals are very loud at 6 am. So I got up and said a prayer for you. God's peace be with you. I love you..........Gail

May 21, 2005 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
Every morning there is a Cardinal in my yard. Either in the pond, on the trees, or sitting in the yard, or eating from the feeder....they are everywhere...Anyways I moved up to my summer house like I do every summer to work which is in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. As I was driving to work this morning I passed the "Lake Genevea Youth Camp sign on the road like I do everyday. Except today was different, today sitting on top of the sign was a red Cardinal. I immediately thought of Laurie, a place she spent a lot of time at. A place I felt she visited this morning. I thought of you immediately and all the grief you have been dealt, and I mumbled to God, "Why are you showing me this?" Laurie's mother is the one that needs comfort, Well It was on my mind all day..I went into work "Kilwin's on the corner in Lake Geneva, I scoop Ice Cream so if you ever come to Lake Geneva this summer, please stop by I'd love to meet you. Well this evening just before closing up a man came in with a Cardinal shirt on, once again I was reminded of your family, so I felt I had to tell you, that is the message I got from God. Something I felt he wanted me to pass on to you.

ERIN

May 22, 2005 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a chance to go to the Lake today. I said my final good bye to Laurie. I just wanted to thank you again for sharing her with all of us during this time of grieving. I miss her a great deal! I continue to pray for you and your family! Jen (a starbucks customer/friend of Lauries)

May 22, 2005 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb....

I was delighted to read that you going to spend time with Jim and Lee. I can't think of two more wonderful people to encourage and uphold you then those two. They are such beautiful people. I know you will come back refreshed and renewed.

I have to tell you my cardinal story when we talk next. I never look at Cardinals in the same way I used to.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers and I am hopeful that we will get together soon.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

May 23, 2005 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental