Sunday, May 08, 2005

How to get through this Mother's Day

Here's how I spent this Mother's Day... Dinner with friends and Katie and her kids Saturday night. Sunday morning, Pete and I go to church and for once I don't cry; breakfast at our favorite Sunday morning restaurant, Embers. Get a hug from our favorite waiter, Tony and talk to Bob, the elderly man who also goes there Sunday mornings.
And then off to Wrigley Field. My sweet friend, Barb H gave us her tickets for the Cubs game today. Though certainly not the Number One Fan Laurie was, we had a great time. Sort of a perfect way to feel close to La today. I also thought of my sweet mom and the gillion or so Cubs games she sat next to my dad watching on TV for so many years.
Calls from the Texas Boncimino's, Drew Brown, Brian Steck, Mary C and Diane Z. And a great dinner at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba with all the rest of our kids and grandkids. Really a bittersweet day, but one where I have felt honored to be a mom, mom to some amazing kids...Thanks for each of them, God.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy mothers day. You were in our thoughts and prayers today. - Novelli's

May 09, 2005 1:43 AM  
Blogger Mom To B and W said...

Hello!
I felt I should share this with you. I am living in Edinburgh, Scotland where I am for the moment nannying. In January the family received a call (while I was there) that a close friend and godfather to their son took his own life. He left behind a wife and two children ages 5 and 3. I have met the family and the children are absolutely precious. The wife however, as can be expected, is not doing well to say the least. It is a sad, sad situation. The family I am nannying for is obviously very shaken as well. Neither family knows the Lord.

After praying about it I decided to copy down the resources from Laurie's website- the books and websites- and share them with the family. I forgot to bring it this morning, but told the mom about it. She seems very interested (although they act very polite here so it is hard to tell!). I am praying that this will be a real testimony to BOTH families. Thank you.

May 09, 2005 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...
Just wanted you to know that I did pray for you on Mother's Day and asked that the Lord would give you a wonderful day with your family. You are an incredible Mother and loved by so many people.

My thoughts were of my own Mother, affectionately known to many as Aunt Jennie. I know she loved you dearly and prayed for you many times in her lifetime. I just had this vision of her telling Laurie many of her life stories. Oh how she loved to tell us her stories.

I know your schedule is busy but I'd love to get together some time and maybe we could ask Karen Pelka to join us. I miss you girls.

Have a great day!

E Goodmiller

May 10, 2005 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental