Monday, May 02, 2005

Two months ago....

Two months ago today. Her room looks pretty much the same as it did that day, maybe a little tidier and less clothes since we have donated some of them to go to South Africa. Her Jeep now sits in the garage, no Hawaiian lei over the rearview mirror. She left the house that day, saying, "Mom, have a great day. See you tonight. I love you." Did she have her plan in mind then? It does not seem likely to me. What broke her spirit and her mind? Will I ever have all the pieces? Probably not...

Today in the Daily Herald her picture is there on page three with an article about The Overnight, suicide prevention 20 mile walk. I just want to weep again and again.

Last night we got another great gift. All the "Reflections of Laurie" cards mounted in a beautiful album, done by Jeannie and Jarrett Stevens. Still so amazing to read the impact she had on others. Today will be hard. Our distraction will be traveling to a conference I will be attending in Las Vegas. One good thing, Pete and I will be renewing our wedding vows while there. We have decided to unofficially change our anniversary date. Laurie was still missing on our 16th wedding anniversary, March 4th and the idea of always having to link those dates is too hard. So we have chosen May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, 05-05-05. We like that; it honors Laurie's love of Mexico, we have five kids and we are fans of margaritas.

Yes, today will be hard. I love you, Laurie Boncimino.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your family are in my prayers. God bless.

May 03, 2005 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,

The article in the paper about Laurie was great! What you all are doing is awesome. I wanted to ask you if you saw the article in the paper today. About the 21 year old security gaurd over by Woodfield who saved a man from ending his life.

Although I never got the opportunity to meet your daughter, just reading everything about her, I am sure this Sunday she would be brining you breakfast in bed, and then probably serving the homeless moms in Chicago. You have ever reason to be proud of Laurie! She lived life to the fullest always given back!
Stay Strong!
Erin

May 04, 2005 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
I hope all finds you as well as you can be today. I joined the Overnight, my page is theovernight.org/Kristin. I wish there was a way to see everyone who is on the team's pages. I sent 72 e-mails in 20 minutes. I hope the walking trianing is going well and would love to join you. Please feel free to contact me, for any reason. Krisitn21@hotmail.com
With love in Christ,
Kristin :)

May 04, 2005 7:11 PM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

i think it's great that you and pete are making your anniversary cinco de mayo. i have a really funny story about cinco de mayo for you sometime...
i hope your vow renewal goes well... i love you guys.

May 05, 2005 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Kim and I am 26 years old. I have been reading through some of your entries and also those of your family members.

I just want to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. A couple of years ago, I was suicidal and was just ready to give up.

I questioned why I was even born. I thought I had nothing to live for. It was a very dark time in my life and I am not even sure how I got through it.

I have recently started to find God again and am overwhelmed with His love for me.

I now have two children, who I raise on my own, and I am starting to talk to them about God and how much He loves us.

I am not sure what made me write this...I just had the urge to thank you for putting yourself out here and sharing such personal thoughts.

I,too, keep a journal online and it helps tremendously.

(Side note: As I am writing this, You Raise Me Up is playing on the radio. God truly is listening.

God Bless
~Kim

May 05, 2005 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you! I love you Barb! Safe travels!

May 05, 2005 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental