Monday, April 11, 2005

Happy Birthday, Petie...

That's what Laurie would be yelling this morning if she were here. She loved to honor birthdays and anniversaries with songs and cards. We still have her birthday greeting to Pete from two years ago when she was in Mexico saved on our phone answering machine. In it she sings "Happy Birthday" in Spanish and then laughts uncontrollably. I listened to it the other day and this morning reminded Pete that it was there if he felt strong enough to listen to it.

Pete, you are an amazing husband, dad and stepdad, man of God. When I think about our wedding sixteen years ago and how you took on me AND four kids, I am blown away. I know Laurie was nutty about you and so many times in notes and emails, she appreciated you. How fun to have a stepdad who was a clown, loved music like she did and provided extra spending money at the mere mention of a need. Mr. Walking Wallet we liked to joke.

So dear husband, Happy Birthday. I love you.

PS Wasn't the Hawaiian shirt with the Chicago Cubs logo discreetly blended in the perfect gift?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pete!!!
I could not have picked a better husband for my good friend. You have been there for Barb in so many ways over the last 16 years and I thank you for that. I love you man. Diane

April 11, 2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

I gave a happy birthday pete post on my blog too. Of course it should be on yours =)...
Love ya! Say Happy Birthday to your hubby for me!

April 11, 2005 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental