Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Psalms and a Prayer Request

Today, we were given a great gift from a friend of mine and Greg's. Our friend got us a copy of a New Community service from Oct. 31, 2001. I had forgotten all about it but our friend had not. On the DVD Laurie was one of that night's worship leaders, with Joe Horness, Camille, Tim Carson, Paul Langford. Seeing her up on stage singing as she did often with her eyes closed, worshipping. So sweet...And then the part where she read from her turquoise Bible about God's promise, the rainbow. But it was the next part that astonished Pete and me. Cammille read the following verse from Psalm 18:16-19:

"He reached down from heaven and rescued me:
He drew me out of deep waters.
He delivered me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was weakest,
but the Lord upheld me.
He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me."

The demons, the evil one, hated her and attacked her when she was weakest, they were defeated. She was rescued and brought to safety...now with Him.

And my prayer request. We have not been able to get any of Laurie's stuff back from the Chicago Police Department. Though the case is considered closed and ruled suicide, all her belongings, the contents of the Jeep, her books, her notebooks, her purse, her roller blades, her frisbee, her cell phone, her keys, her coat, her shoes, the "note", all are being held up in the IL Crime Lab for finger printing. We are told it could take one and a half to two years to get that done because of the backlog. We have and continue to contact everyone we can think of to get her possessions back. For me, I just want it back to touch, read, to experience some kind of closure on that piece of all this.

Today I received a return email from a really great female detective with CPD. She says go to the top, the Chicago Police Chief, Phil Cline, and talk to him. My prayer request is this: That I can reach him, that I can clearly explain to him the importance of getting Laurie's stuff back and that I can do it with a thankful heart.
Would you please pray for this for us? I try to discern God's timetable or His reason for this delay. I don't think that I am out of God's will in wanting the stuff back. Looking to Him...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, That service and what Laurie read was amazing. I read it and my mouth just hung open. WOW. That was so nice of them to give you that video. Then I read about the Chicago police and how they are backlogged two years. I know GOD will do a miracle here and you WILL get to talk to Phil. We have an amazing God and you are so faithful to Him. We are praying..........I love you sis, Gail

April 26, 2005 10:30 PM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

i was just thinking about that service the other day actually... i will always remember her worshipping... i'm glad you were able to get that...

April 26, 2005 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that service very well, know that i am praying hard... really hard!

April 26, 2005 11:48 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

WOW... Amazing about that verse - really amazing! Mark and I will def. pray for that- hard core...

April 27, 2005 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, we will definitely pray and trust that at just the right time the Lord will move in the heart of the Chief of the CPD to release Laurie's personal items. That Psalm left me with chills and is again a reminder that no matter what the circumstance, the Lord is with us at all times. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Pete soon.

In His Love,

April 27, 2005 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, That verse sent chills through me. God is good. I will be praying about your conversation with the Polic Chief.

April 27, 2005 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb-

I am praying for you and your family in hopes to getting back Laurie's belongings. I have asked 22 of my Xanga friends to pray also!

God Bless!

April 27, 2005 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,

As I read what you wrote it sent chills and I will be praying for this situation.

April 27, 2005 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scripture sent chills through me. My mouth is still on the floor, and the tears are streaming down my face. Prayers to continue for comfort, and also for the police situation.

April 28, 2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

it will be written on the pages of my life everyday, even if i don't have an assignment notebook.
i'm still praying for the police and that whole situation... as well as for you and your family...

April 30, 2005 3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying as I have appreciated Laurie's worshipful spirit.. thank you for reminding me of this...

April 30, 2005 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental