Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Smile...

I love this picture of Kylie and Rylan and Katie posted it in her blog but I just couldn't resist. It would be great if this is how we all looked at life, full of smiles. But the reality is there is lots of sadness around. Monday night was the final meeting of Grief Support for the winter session and there were still plenty of tears there. I have been asked to speak to a Campus Life group in a few weeks about the impact of suicide on a family. I have been told that there are several students struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts in the group...

Choose joy. Don't be robbed of your joy. Smile even when you don't feel like it, maybe it will brighten someone else's life, maybe even your own. Today's devotional was titled "All is well" and went on to describe that even if it does not feel as if all is well, God sees the bigger picture and His plans for you are great. Romans 8:28 comes to mind. Thanks, dear friend Margie, for so many things: the voicemail the other day, sending me the "God Calling" devotional two years ago, and being the first to talk to Lin and me about having a relationship with Christ over thirty years ago now. Wow, I cannot imagine life without having found Him! I am choosing to smile today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb....

I just had to say, those babies are so adorable.

I've been praying for you. I know March is a tough month. You are loved.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

March 21, 2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger chryl said...

hi barb. love and hugs from asia straight to you... thanks for your thoughts; happiness and joy are often confusing, aren't they? i am so glad that you are sharing your life even in the midst of questions and sadness. sigh.
love cheryl
xoxoxo

March 21, 2007 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, i needed someone to tell me to smile today, cuz i really don't feel like it today. i just have to remember that its not about me, it all about Him.

March 21, 2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Alexandria said...

Barb,
thanks for all you do!
...there is lots to tell you
but start with my newest blog, and youll see!

March 23, 2007 1:55 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

hey barb... just thinking about you. miss you! they are cute :)
~Kim

March 24, 2007 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental