Sunday, March 18, 2007

Renaissance Woman...

Renaissance man or woman: By definition, one skilled and knowledgeable in many fields.

I am thinking this is a pretty good description of my daughter-in-law, Cheryl. She is an amazing, creative cook; she decorates with exquisite beauty; she sings like a bird; she loves to read; she is a gracious and enthusiastic hostess. Cheryl is not deterred from reaching her goals. She ran a marathon, for cryin' out loud. She is the glue that maintains the homefront in a foreign country and loves it! And now she is back in school getting her degree in music!

Beyond all that she loves Greg well and pours herself into her daughters. She knows how to laugh - loud. And she loves Jesus with her heart and soul.

And so wonder woman in faraway Malayasia: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERYL

2 Comments:

Blogger Bigger than Me said...

Happy birthday, my beautiful sister-in-law! Cheryl (or Chryl, as I like to call her!) has one of the best senses of humor ever! My favorite story of her is from many years ago, during one visit to IL. She was in the bathroom, making herself gorgeous, and I was in the hallway. She called out "Babe-ah? Can you get me my bra?" thinking I was Greg. I just stood there, not realizing she didn't know it was me, not my brother, wondering if "babe-ah" was some sort of Texan/Floridian thing, and all I could thing to say was "um, sure...babe-ah. Which one?" We laughed so hard, and called each other babe-ah for years! Love you, babe-ah!

March 19, 2007 1:02 AM  
Blogger chryl said...

thanks so much, barb! i like this picture of us- it was so amazing having you and angel in houston for the marathon. ashley and brooke and i ran a 10k on sunday in lieu of the marathon, given our current schedules and the tropical heat!

thanks for your encouragement, for your love, and for all the ways you take care of us all. i think i have reached the age where we start repeating, like grades, yeah? so... it's 28 this year. and next... and next! that is still 10 years older than my cute asian classmates! ha! do you even remember ever thinking 28 was old?! yikes!!!

i love you sooooo!! we should take ourselves out to Heng Wing and have a 'happy-birthday to everybody' party. ( i still don't think i could find my way there, but who cares? i can drive in asia! yay!)

love and hugs~
cheryl

March 21, 2007 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental