Friday, February 23, 2007

Today I am going to be composing the "In Memorium" piece we want to have published in the local newspaper next Friday. Tonight most of the family is going to be at a wedding of one of Laurie's friends. Last night I went with Katie and the twins to the wake of one of Katie's friend's dad. This morning is the lottery for Cubs tickets. Just strikes me as the strange yet normal day-to-day I experience.

Greg's blog today, written half a world away, shows he is experiencing a lot of the same feelings I am. Emails friends are sending tell me they are thinking of us right now. The other day I browsed through emails we received when Laurie was missing and then when we knew what had actually happened. There were over 1400 emails and I just marveled at the outpouring from people from every phase of our lives. At a Willow Volunteer dinner the other night I sat next to an older man who told me he had never, ever stood in a line for over 2 hours to pay condolences as he had at Laurie's wake. I am reminded we have been so cared for in these last two years, reflections of community. What would we do without it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,

Laurie was and remains a remarkable spirit whom we will NEVER forget. The cardinal I see each morning may be the same one or one of many that in my eyes is Laurie's spirit...I take a moment each day, staring at that particular cardinal & pray for Laurie, for you, for everyone in the world. Her short life in this world is nothing compared to the mark she has left .... in a way I feel she was just like Jesus, a daughter of God. She will live forever in our hearts, in this life & beyond.

February 23, 2007 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental