Thursday, March 02, 2006

My To Do List...

A year ago tonight my world changed forever. This night I stayed up all night waiting, waiting for a call from her. Scott and I talked again and again. Katie and I talked so many times that night. Where is she? Why haven't we heard from her? This is not like her.
And now I know...

I went to the lake today right after work. My co worker had brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a card. As I neared the Planetarium around 5:15 I thought of how deserted it was. Was it like this last year? A man came out of the Planetarium, smiled at me and proceeded to put a 5 gallon bucket with a cutout over his head. He said "We made helmets today." and walked off. If Laurie had had this same encounter, would it have changed her mind?

I brought the bouquet to the spot where she had left her jacket and cell phone and placed the flowers there. It is so cold...Laurie, Laurie, Laurie. I love you, sweet girl.

My To Do List? Change the world...by being myelf.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, my heart just aches reading your words. I wish I could take all the sadness away, but instead I will just look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Thank you for letting me in your life, you inspire me everyday.
Abby

March 02, 2006 1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...

I have Laurie's picture from the paper on my desk as a reminder to pray for you and your family all day today. May God's peace embrace you and comfort you on this day and everyday going forward. You are all loved!

In His Love,

EG

March 02, 2006 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Barb,
I just want to say that I have only learned good things from Laurie. I learned to always love people no matter what happens, and now I constanly tell people what I truly think of them instead of just figuring they already know what I think of them (like she did); which has also helped me become... well more me! One more thing I learned was this from her was this: hang on even when it seems too tough to handle, because there are people around me who love me so very much. I also learned that from you to.
I may not know you as good as some people, but I have learned. So thank you, and my heart and prayer go out to you this day!
With love,
Marlee Benson

March 02, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

thinking of you today...

March 02, 2006 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
Thanks for your words of encouragement on my xanga...It has given a much needed boost to the day. Know that you, Pete and the rest of your family are always in my prayers. Laurie has helped me to see how valuable and precious life really is...even when life is so dark. Laurie's joy lives on in SO many hearts.
With love,
Jessica
(simply_me_JE)

March 02, 2006 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A prayerful hug to you today. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that the spirit of Laurie lives in many – including myself. Laurie continues to impact the world of those that were fortunate enough to know her. God bless you.

March 02, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Barb, I prayed and prayed for you today. Bob and I drove up to the one of the highest points in our area and let a yellow balloon go with Laurie's name on it. Also her web site. We prayed, we cried. My heart is with you. I love you...see you next week. love, Gail

March 02, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

simply. i love you barb.

March 02, 2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental