Tuesday, February 14, 2006

More of God, less of me...

I have not intentionally spoken less of God in the last few blogs. The fact is, He has been speaking into me again and again. My dear daughters-in-law have both spoken truth into my soul. Christa, sharing her strange experience at Willow where she thought she was going to a small group meeting and ended up at a prayer group, where the message was "More of God, less of me". And the conversation with Cheryl, acknowledging His presence in the moment. And Tommy, my son-in-law, tonight, Valentine's Day, with us with the children, acknowledging that he wants God to be more and more of his journey. These three, ones I specifically prayed for long before they became part of the family, each showing me God. Aaaaahhhhhhh!

And even though it is long, I need to write this out from "God Calling" by A. J. Russell. This little book is so with me. Each day I hear God's voice there.

February 14th

"You do not realize that you would have broken down under the weight of your cares but for the renewing time with Me. It is not what I say; it is I. Myself. It is not the hearing Me so much as the being in My Presence. The strengthening and curative powers of this you cannot know. Such knowledge is beyond your human reckoning.
This would cure the poor sick world, if every day, each soul, or group of souls, waited before Me. Remember that you must never fail to keep this time apart with Me. Gradually you will be transformed physically, mentally, spiritually, into my likeness. All who see you, or have contact with you will be, by this intercourse with you, brought near to Me, and gradually the influence will spread. (Cheryl, scratching their heads?)
You are making one spot of Earth a Holy Place, and though you must work and spend yourself ceaselessly because that is for the present your appointed task, yet the greatest work you can do, and are doing, is done in this time apart with Me. Are you understanding that?
Do you know that every thought, every activity. every prayer, every longing of the day is gathered up and offered to Me, now? Oh! Joy that I am with you. For this I came to Earth, to lead man back to spirit-converse with his God."

Wow...and amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental