Wednesday, February 22, 2006

In Loving Memory of...

I just got done proofreading the memorium that Pete and I decided to put in the local paper next week. They misspelled Laurie's name: Lauire. So glad I got a chance to play editor and correct it. What strikes me as so surreal is that it has almost been a year and I still expect her to walk in after working a shift at Starbucks. I would so love to sit down with her and talk over life and especially what we can do to help Katie. She would be pitching in with the kids and creating her unique moments of laughter, helping them through the pain of missing their mom.

And another odd happening, I had my first dream with a grown up Laurie in it Sunday night. I am still smiling over it. We were shopping in Gurnee Mills and had stopped for a break and had coffee. I had one more stop to make and told her I would make it quick but I knew she had to leave and it was okay. It was okay for her to leave...I can't believe I said that but what it tells me is that I am at peace that she left. Sad but at peace. She is dancing with angels.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
That peace you have of course comes from God. It is not found in positive thinking or good feelings but from knowing God is in control. In Philippians 4:7 it says "You will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Unless we have Christ in our lives we can never understand that true peace you have in your heart. I love you Barb. Love, Diane

February 23, 2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental