Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dreary, dreary, weary...

Ugh, I can't stand this dreary, wet, soggy, cold day. It matches my insides right now. Plus weary, weary from worry, worry, the dumbest of ways to spend time, but I can't seem to turn it off.

And from my little book, God Calling:

February 16th NEVER RUFFLED

"Even were I never to speak to you, you would be well rewarded for setting apart this time, if you only sat still and longed for Me, if you just drew hungering breaths for Me, as you do for the fresh pure air of the open.

Be still, be calm. Wait before Me. Learn of Me, patience, humility, peace. When will you be absolutely unruffled whatever happens? You are slow to learn your lesson. In the rush and work and worry, the very seeking a silence must help.

In bustle so little is accomplished. You must learn to take the calm with you in the most hurried days."

3 Comments:

Blogger NicaGirl said...

wow, that's really awesome, and so true. It's so hard to do that, though, to just sit still and be calm and unruffled. Most days I find myself pretty ruffled...
Who wrote that book? I may have to look for it.

February 16, 2006 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just read that same stuff alst night in "Give It All To Him". I had a good day today. Patience, humility,and peace. AMEN.

tommy

February 18, 2006 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:29-31
..."go to the Father, hope in Him, claim His promise, and soar above all those difficulties with your eagle wings." - Kay Arthur

Love you, Barb!
Becky

February 18, 2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental