Saturday, February 18, 2006

Clear, bright, sunny, crisp...

The temperature outside today is 5 degrees. BRRRRRRR...but it is beautifully sunny and clear. And like a few days ago, my mood matches that. I am refreshed and feeling good, almost crisp. No aches, no pains, well, except for that dumb arm thing (probably should go to the doc on that one.) but overall, refreshingly at peace. I am knowing that the prayers of many hold us, hold me.

One of my favorite pasttimes, shopping, brought fun, unexpected pleasures yesterday while I was off buying a birthday gift for our niece, Valerie. (happy almost birthday, Valerie) and a photo album for picures of Katie and our family to give to Nora who we will be meeting tomorrow. I could use prayer on that one, too. This will be the first time Katie and I have seen Nora since she was about 18 months old.

So wandering around Kohl's, my favorite store, the magic sign "All Red Clearance tickets, 50% off" catches my eye. Yippee! Bargain Barb at her best. After making Pete look at every purchase and guess how much it was and then how much I paid, I totaled the original cost - $367 and what I actually paid - $43! Ah, I love a bargain. And today on this cold, crisp day, I am wearing a soft, fuzzy turquoise turtleneck sweater (Orig. $49) that I paid $4.25 for. Sweet. And right now in this minute, I am feeling hugged by God.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh – now I can more clearly understand the connection I feel with you – even though I don’t really know you. The ‘guess how much I paid for it’ game! I love it! Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

February 18, 2006 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb-
I love that you can find a good bargain. And I'm sure you look like a million bucks in your 4 dollar sweater. Way to go! We'll be praying for you tomorrow, as always.
Lots of love!
Lisa

February 18, 2006 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
A cardinal just landed on my window ledge and looked right at me. I know that it was reminding me to say a prayer for you on this very important day. I pray that Katie will find inner heartfelt, soulfelt peace on this very important day. I pray that you will continue to place your burden at the Lord's feet. I pray that you, a child of the Most High God, will continue feel His light and love pour down on you. May God continue to be the light that shines on your path.
You are loved and prayed for each day.
A friend.

February 19, 2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Barb, You so deserve to be hugged by God. Love to you with seeing Nora. Let us all know how it goes..love, Gail

February 19, 2006 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...prayed for you this morning as I do every morning. How could Nora be anything but excited to see you and Katie. I'm trusting that the Lord will make it a special time for both of you.

Boy....you are really a special shopper. I wish you would do all my shopping. I'm never that lucky to find such good bargains.

Have a great day and praise God for a beautiful sunny day.

In HIs Love,

EG

February 20, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger NicaGirl said...

I am praying that your day yesterday went so well and that you could feel God's presence there with you the whols time.
And Kudos on your shopping trip too!! I love Kohl's as well-they have such great deals as your post clearly attests to! :)
Blessings,
Meg

February 20, 2006 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental