Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Seven years ago today...

I could not, should not let this day go by without noting its' significance in the lives of my children. Seven years ago today Denny, their dad passed away. And Laurie was there, all 14 years of her, when he collapsed and died on the driveway of the home he shared with Pam, Laurie's stepmom.
What a shattering day that was. Denny was only 52 years old; he had re established so well with all the kids after the divorce. Laurie was shaken, as were each of the kids. And after his death, each year on Oct. 11th they would all try to hang out together to honor his memory. Usually by drinking copious amounts of coffee.
So much harder this year for Katie, Greg and Chris...another loss to withstand. And each does that with so much grace.

Thanks, Denny, for each of our amazing children.
Love, Barb

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Barb, too much sad for one family. I will never forget all that Denny did for me. Number one being bringing me to know Jesus. Where would I be without Jesus? Don't want to think about that. Denny was a cool guy and like you said, he gave you 4 awesome children...I love you Sis...Gail

October 12, 2005 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental