Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Debbi, only for you...

Now I am doing what I said I would never do, playing "Five Songs I am Listening To Right Now". Debbi, only for you...

THE RULES: List five songs that you are currently loving. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the songs in your blog. Then tag five other friends to see what they're listening to.

"Come To Jesus" by Chris Rice. Sang this one to Dad while he was in the hospital and Angel sang it at Laurie's funeral. Awesome.

"Held" by Natalie Grant. So sad but so beautiful. Her voice is so clear.

"Dancing with Angels" by Monk & Neagle. Jammie Meyer sent me this one and it is practically an anthem for me now. Thanks, Jammie.

"Goodby for Now" by the ever wonderful Cindy Beier, Laurie's piano teacher and friend. Written for Laurie and another friend of Cindy who had died. It is on the Laurie Boncimino website and on Cindy's new CD.

"My Glorious" by Delirious (I think) From the first time I heard this song, it moved me. Still does. This one is probably a tie with "Shout to the Lord' by Darlene Czech. I even wrote her a fan letter once.

So it's pretty obvious the kinds of songs that get me through my drive time. I have not fallen prey to the world of IPod and all it's mysteries and frustrations. (Hello, Katie.) Car music, that's what I love.

And so now to those poor "tagged" friends:

Kim Z.
Stephanie
Heidi
Mish
Brian S.

Since I am no techno wizard, I will have to call on Drew to put the links on for me. Drew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental