Thursday, October 13, 2005

Kristin, You are 21!

My darling Kristin.

In the 17 years I have really known you and the 16 years I have been your stepmom, I have continually been delighted by your grace, your senstivity, your sense of compassion and honesty. You carry the best of your mom and dad. You make being in a blended family so easy. I sometimes almost felt guilty when I led the Stepmoms Small Group...you have always brought joy. I could not relate to what some of the other stepmoms were experiencing with their stepchildren. Thank you just for the uniqueness of YOU.

Through this unbelievable, gut wrenching journey we are walking with Laurie's death, you show great strength. I often say you two were almost like twins, only four months apart and two different sets of parents. I recognize the depth of pain you carry; you have had to deal with so much for such a young life. As a family we will continue to support and care for each other. Count on it.

And now beginning with our crazy celebration last night, you will be celebrated for at least three more days. Way to have a 21st birthday, beautiful! (This makes up for all the years you really did not want to have any real party, Miss Humble-Girl)

I love you, Barb

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday Kristin!!
You are a wonderful stepmom, she is lucky to have you.
My mom is remarried and I am blessed with a wonderful stepfather who treats me like his own daughter. I am also blessed with a wonderful stepsister who just had a baby! =)

October 14, 2005 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental