Tuesday, June 21, 2005

This morning...

This morning is so beautiful. The temperature is perfect. The sky is gorgeous. I saw and heard birds everywhere. The flowers are spectacular. So much beauty, so much promise in this day. There was so much beauty and promise in Laurie. I have returned to the cycle of "Why?" Why isn't she here to see this, to celebrate this day? Why did she not see the promise of a new day? Why was the pain in her life not visible to me or anyone else?

This morning I walked early, wearing her Starbucks hat, her sunglasses and her little fake diamond stud earrings. These are probably the only things of hers that would fit me...Trying to figure out why. No answers. Only the knowledge that this time the cycle is not the same intense raw pain and I am easing away from it. Mini step by mini step away from it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I would add among those things of Laurie's that would fit you Barb--her enormous, loving heart for others, and for Him.

And I will thank Him for each and every mini-step He grants you...

Drink in this beautiful day the Lord has made.

D.D. (FL)

June 21, 2005 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb....The Lord is so good. He gives us these beautiful days and the ability to see and appreciate His creation as a reminder of His love for us. I'm so glad that you were able to "drink in" all this beauty. As I drove to work this morning I was speaking to the Lord and thanking Him for all that he does provide for us. I prayed that you would have a special blessing today. Thanks for sharing your morning. I'm also grateful for your every mini-step. I will continue to pray for all of you.

In His Love,

E.G.

June 21, 2005 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental