Friday, June 24, 2005

Mental, Dental Day

I had appointments this morning with my counselor and my dentist...neither one of which I really wanted to go to. With my counselor, I did not even know how to describe what I am feeling lately...I know I am okay; I know that looking to Him gives me strength. I just am beyond analyzing it all. Situations with family and friends that need prayer and wisdom are draining. Missing Laurie is right around every corner. Glenn pushed me today to really look at the grief process in terms of my mom and dad and sister Lin. Geesch, do I have to?

And the dentist and his sweet hygienist, Ellen. The last time I was there was February 25th, just a week before Laurie went missing. We had talked about Laurie's engagement that day, how wonderful she was doing in so many areas of her life. It is stunning to realize how much had changed since that conversation and quite honestly, I did not want to have to talk about how I was doing with all this. However, my nature is such that you make an appointment, keep it unless something really horrible has happened. Guess I could have backed out based on that. This is really horrible...

And I walked out of there annoyed with myself that I did not even ask them to make a contribution to the Overnight walk in July. Crumb, I've invested thousands of dollars there over the years; you think I could have been gutsy enough to at least ask. Maybe they read this blog? So on I will march today, well, really more like a crawl. I think it's time to go find some solitude and recalibrate my heart, again.

2 Comments:

Blogger PixieGirl said...

Barb,

Anything you need to feel is COMPLETELY normal. Please give yourself permission to say and do whatever you need to. Know that I pray for you daily.

Mandy

June 24, 2005 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Barb, you total sweetheart. I SURE would have been tempted to opt out of today--counselor AND dentist on the same day? Yowee! Yet I can just picture your graciousness to every person you encountered, in spite of feeling spent.

Hope you find that quiet place, Barb, and that God energizes your dear, weary heart. Fatigue definitely tends to "multiply our sorrows." (And sometimes, mental tiredness is every bit as draining as physical fatigue.)

Anybody there who can give you a foot massage? With that delicious-smelling new Johnson Baby Lotion maybe?? Does wonders for a deflated spirit.

Or...you could go with my time-honored remedy:

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
When confident, eat LOTS of chocolate.

Love and hugs to you,

Debbi D. Jax, FL

June 24, 2005 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental