Saturday, July 08, 2006

My God, Indeed....

Yesterday I went to counseling, an appointment made the week before when many flare-ups of anxiety, frustrations were digging into me. Amazing what a week can do! I almost was not sure how to start with Glenn. The sorting through process is laden with mine fields and then I come out in fields of flowers.

I am sitting here cooling down after walking on a path I have never walked before and it is only minutes from our house. This morning is beautiful, not too hot, sunny. I stretched and took off onto to an unchartered course. I ended up seeing little lakes I did not know existed, beautiful fields of flowers (next time I go, I'm bringing my flower book to identify) and occasional piles of dog poop (yuck, nasty dog owners.). Getting back into my car I passed the nursing home where Laurie used to work and saw that they are adding an addition to the building. She would have loved that...more new friends in her eyes, not more old people coming to die.

Perspective, perseverence, potential were my take aways from both the walk and my counseling appointment. New adventures, plan for the unplanned and occasional piles of dog poop. I think that sums it up. And the title today (Jim, I told you I was going to write about this.) comes from late last week when I was really burdened and praying while driving. Stuck in traffic with cars jockeying around for position, one car pulls in front of me and the license reads "My God 5" and then another car pulls along side in the next lane. This plate reads "Indeed 3". No significance in the numbers, but, wow, "My God, Indeed." I love how God actually gets answers to me in such bold ways.

5 Comments:

Blogger shelly said...

Yes. Good stuff. And you are right I have some suitcases to drop off--but there's a lot so I might have to call for a bellboy to come help me. hehe. Ok maybe I'm taking this analogy too far now. :)Thanks for your insights on forgiveness. We'll talk soon and I'll see you in almost a month! Love you dearly friend.

July 08, 2006 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Greg remove his blog?
Hope all is well with the family

July 11, 2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Lisa Rose,

I assume it is a temporary glitch and Greg's blog will reappear. I sent him an email this morning and have not heard back yet. Thanks for your concern.

Barb K.

July 11, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger stacy a said...

Hi Barb! Hope all is going well with you. I was wondering - is there a problem with Greg's blog? I have been trying to read it the last couple of days and I get a blank page. Take care & God bless!

July 12, 2006 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg?

July 12, 2006 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental