Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Skype....yipe

The mom/grandma in me is very content right now. Pete and I have just returned from taking Denver, Maya and Isaiah to a local pizza restaurant while Katie and Tommy are on a date night to the Cubs game. (Cubs vs. Milwaukee) We did a quick run into Wal Mart and bought the DVD Antz. Pajama'd and teeth brushed we were just about ready to settle in for Fee-Ter Night (read Theater Night) when I heard a new sound coming from our computer...

A call from Skype! Skype, which I had never heard of before last week, is the wonderful FREE program that we are now hooked up to and can talk to the Malaysian Boncimino's. I found the right button to push to answer and there is Ashley! "Hi, Grandma" even clearer than on the phone! Sweet. While we adjusted mics, and then talked over each other, we all caught up on what everyone has been up to. Tomorrow (or today in Kuala Lumpur) G and C and B and A are going to the Petronas Towers (2nd tallest buildings in the world) and Greg waited an hour and a half to get the tickets, oops, wait that's his story. All in all, it was so great just to hear their voices. Next step is to figure out how to hook up all our cameras so we can see each other.

And for the wind up, Chris called on Skype and we chatted for twenty minutes, while multi-tasking. He sent me a beautiful photo of Hayden and Christa from Arlington Race Track and downloaded a song to me written and sung by a good friend of Laurie's, about her. That I will save for later tonight.

Right in this moment I can feel God's arms around me. There is so much tension, things I could fret about alot but there is a peace, too. Tomorrow I am finally going to the doctor's to try to discover what is going with some ongoing pain in my right arm and leg...I know I am not at my best for anyone with this nagging pain. Did I say how going to the doctor's is the least favorite thing of mine to do? But I am secure in the knowledge that whatever this turns out to be, God is with me in it. I am reminded of what I heard Don Cole, radio pastor of WMBI, say last night to a woman faced with many hard things in her life. Don said, " Have hope in the character of God. He will surprise you." I know that.

1 Comments:

Blogger shelly said...

so cool! gotta love technology. :) i heard a quote, from the news actually, it was from a mom who was talking about how she lost her daughter a couple years ago and she said "I don't think you ever move on, but I'm learning to carry on" And I just thought that was so true...wanted to share it with you. Love you. Can't wait to see you in 6(??) weeks!

June 28, 2006 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental