Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Joys(?????) of Saturday

Seeing pictures of Greg and Cheryl and the girls in Malaysia...thrilling and melancholy at the same time. I showered and met our wonderful Overnight team, Laurie's Legacy, at Busse Woods for a team training walk this morning. The joy here, Jackie Reitsma, in all the way from Colorado for a wedding, could be with us. Eve's Paul joined us, too, for the four mile jaunt. Seven weeks away and I know we can all do the walk, it is the fund raising that needs prayer. (I sent another email out tonight. Go to the overnight. If you could consider contributing to anyone on the team but me. I have reached the $1000 commitment needed. I am so thankful!)

When I got back home, Katie called pretty distressed. I am off to Berwyn, praying the whole way for wisdom, peace and strength. This long road back for Katie and Tommy needs to be covered in prayer. Finding the right meds, the right counselors, assuring the kids that things are okay...letting Jesus take the wheel is all I can think of. Lean on Him, and not our own understanding.

After a late afternoon $2 movie with the Michel kids and Katie to see Ice Age 2, the Meltdown, I feel melted down. Pete, too, has had a rougher than normal day, with some snafus at two events, just the stuff he doesn't need. But he still says he has the greatest job in the world. Where else can you get away with wearing a vibrant Hawaiian shirt, shorts and red converse shoes?

And right now, all is pretty quiet. A new day to look forward to tomorrow, to find some new joy...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, you dont know me but I just wanted you to know I am praying for you and your family.

June 25, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Barb, it was oh, so wonderful to get to be a part of the walk! I couldn't believe the timing worked out so perfectly. Love you! We are praying - wisdom, strength, discernment, healing... etc!

June 26, 2006 2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental