Monday, March 27, 2006

Weirdest blog ever...

I am writing this blog at Katie's request. In one week Katie will need to leave Respite Care where she has been for the last two weeks. It has not been a picnic, period. For many, many reasons Katie can not be housed here at 921. Things like boundaries, co-dependency, our need to focus on the kids well being are involved.

In God's infinite wisdom, there is a place out there somewhere where she can begin her journey to wholeness in the real world. She will not be able to drive for a while. She wants to get a job, a wholesome job, not cocktail waitressing so location to something, hopefully, walkable would be great. And although she can't live here, Pete and I can drive her to her various meetings ( LOSS, Loving Outreach to Survivors of Suicide and Bipolar support group) and counseling appointments.

What she needs is a place to stay for hopefully two months. I know that what I am asking here is big but God is bigger. She is open to suggestions. This is her ask.

If you have any ideas, promptings, whatever, either comment here with your email address or send directly to my email, bakpak2@comcast.net.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Michele said...

I am one of those people that would offer to help and have her stay with us in a heart beat... however we live in Ohio and she wouldn't be close to her family than.... but still the offer is there from one Katie to another. Just ask Femmie I love having guest..... Also have you looked into a half way house for patients that have bipolor? Maybe that would help.... As always we're praying for you!!! Love Katie

March 28, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Hmmm - I will have to think and pray on this one- see if I know of any resources.

I think you like the boots because you could totally pull them off! :)

Thanks for the prayers! Totally appreciate it.

March 28, 2006 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've already found this site, but I thought I'd be sure: bipolar alliance. They have a link on the homepage to find a chapter locally where they each hold meetings.

March 29, 2006 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental