Monday, February 13, 2006

Way to end a weekend...

This weekend for Pete and me was filled to the brim, mostly with fun. Friday night dinner out with friends, Saturday AM for me tutoring little Osman Ali and Adubllahi; The Incredibles with the grandkids and friends, Saturday afternoon into the evening.

Sunday morning at Willow sat with family and at breakfast had a mini breakdown with son Chris. Too much emotion flying right now. And then the Student Impact Parent Connect, focused on suicide and depression. It was hard being there seeing the huge number of parents who were there to gain knowledge and hope on how to deal with this in their children. Sitting between Katie and Kristin, holding each others hands, broke me again.

But the end of the day, sweet. Dinner at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba, Tommy's amazing restaurant, with Pete and Drew. We are at long last celebrating Drew's birthday (I am so glad you were born, Drew!). Went to Blue Man Group and wallowed in sensory overload. On the ride home from downtown Chicago, I remembered that last year on this date, Pete, Laurie, Scott and I had gone up to Milwaukee for dinner with Scott's parents. What a year this has been...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a bittersweet weekend...btw, do you still talk with Scott? How has he been doing?

I'm praying for your family as March 2nd inches closer.

February 13, 2006 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also wondering about Scott. We have not had any word from or about him for most of the year. Is he OK? Please let us know. He has basically become non-existent.

February 13, 2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Scott and I just spoke about two weeks ago after a long time of not talking. We hit a rough patch many months ago and I think it was easier for each of us to process our grief and our beliefs in different ways. When I spoke to him, he sounded good. He is moving up in the management program with Starbucks and I am proud of him for that. I will always hold Scott in warm regard. He suffered a mighty blow and is still standing.

February 13, 2006 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental