Sunday, January 29, 2006

Movement, progress...

I need to let Kristin know how much I value her. She is without doubt one of the most grounded, real, young woman I have ever known. And I know many young woman of amazing caliber, all my small group gals for instance. All amazing. But Kristin, ah, Kristin.

You were amazing in sharing your heart with Jeanne M. who is preparing to speak to Student Impact parents on depression and suicide. You have poured into us and into others. You care for Denver, Maya and Isaiah on Thursday nights when you could be chilling anywhere else. You maintain friendships. You show compassion. You love old people. I could go on and on.

But what spoke volumes to me was the other day when you said, "Let's go through THE boxes and get that over with." THE boxes are the ones returned from the Chicago Police Department: Evidence and Recovered Property...stuff from Laurie's Jeep. Those three boxes have sat up in La's room and have hung over me like a dark, gloomy cloud. We went through each one and found new homes for some stuff, got rid of some more, and decided to hang on to some but the big point here is we had movement, progress. We continue to process and ask for God to keep healing us. Kristin, I love you. Thanks.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second all the Kristin stuff, she is a giving, sweet, beutiful girl. I don't, however, second the use of the word chillin by you. No more, ok?


tommy

January 30, 2006 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Tommy doesn't approve of you using 'chillin' I'll give you a new improved word...."CHILLAXIN"....the merging of chilling and relaxing!

January 30, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger dbrown said...

It's funny because she actually said "chilling"...which makes it even dorkier.

I love you Barb.

January 30, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Larry and Steph said...

I remember going through boxes...I think that can be a big step in healing. It somehow helped me deal with some of the hurt. I'm still praying for you guys daily. God bless!

January 30, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

The boxes....Femmie & I went through more boxes than I care to think about....it's a vey surreal experience. i am glad you had Kristin to help you through it.

January 31, 2006 1:00 AM  
Blogger stacy a said...

Hi Barb - you don't know me but I've been reading your blog for awhile now. My daughter (Femmie) & niece (Stacy) told me they read it all the time. I am very sorry for your lose and know how hard going through THE boxes can be. I am glad you had someone with you. We still have some of THE boxes in our basement that we didn't have time to go through together. (since the rest of the family had to get back to Alaska) I look at those boxes everyday I go in the basement and know that someday we will have to go through them. I will keep you in my prayers.

January 31, 2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am not a happy person right now. I am so sorry, this is such bull shit.

February 01, 2006 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental