Saturday, January 14, 2006

In Remembrance...

January 14th last year I was in Houston celebrating my birthday and cheering Greg and Cheryl on in their first Houston Marathon. When I returned home Laurie and Scott gave me a basket filled with the stuff to make a fabulous Italian dinner, dipping sauces, pasta, wine, sauce ingredients. The basket has been tucked in a corner of the family room since then. Tonight with Denver, Maya, Isaiah and Pete we will cook and eat and remember.

I think it is appropriate that we are "carbing up", both to unify with the Texas Boncimino's as they run their marathon tomorrow and to carry on with our emotional marathon back here in IL.

A good friend of Laurie's, Mish, made me a sweet website in honor of Laurie called "In Remembrance". With his permission I am going to link it here. http://imissyoulaur.blogspot.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I love you guys!!! Send those kiddos some hugs and kisses for me... I need a Michael fix!
=)

January 14, 2006 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Barb, a day late. I thank God that He brought you into this world and molded you into an amazing woman, role model, mentor, and friend. Know you are loved!
Lisa

January 15, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Happy Birthday! I will make you a belated birthday blog...ahhh yesss!!! I love you! So glad you were born and I am blessed by knowing you.

January 16, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy belated Birthday!!

January 17, 2006 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi barb,
no i didn't write that, it's actually a song called Deliver Me by David Crowder, I'll have to send you a copy of the cd so you can listen to it. I'm glad it spoke to you.
love you
shelly cox

January 17, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Barb... 1st - sorry it took me so long to wish you a wonderful, happy birthday and tell you how I really, really hope you were/are able to feel celebrated and loved for the incredible woman that you are... so many milestones for you amidst so much pain this year. suck.

January 18, 2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental