Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I know, I see you...

God shows up in the strangest ways. I saw Him today in blog comments, I heard Him tonight at church. I felt Him when my friend Karen reached over and squeezed my hand when they showed the video from the 30th anniversary with me in it. There I was 25 feet tall carrying my sign that said "Never thought I'd survive the loss of a child" and flipped it over to the other side that read" "God carried me". And He still carries me. Getting in the car to go home I have a Christian radio program on and tonight they specifically talk about God showing up in marriages that seem doomed. They read Jeremiah 32: 17-20 whch starts, "O Sovereign Lord! You have made the heavens and earth by your great power. Nothing is too hard for You!" I know that.

And some good news. Tommy has found a young woman to care for the kids Mondays and Fridays, the two days not yet covered. She is an answer to our specific prayers. Tommy sounds confidant and I am glad for him.

And last, Pete and I get a look at our new World Vision sponsored child. We've always had boys; Eduard Guelby from Haiti was our last one. We now have Lizzy Kahara from Zambia. We have her picture and a little bio on her. How amazing when we see her birthday: March 2. God has given us a small treasure named Lizzy that we can celebrate that day, that day we know will be so hard...

I know, God. You see me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Ahhh, I wish I had some amazing words of insight and wisdom to share. But I don't. I love you guys and am, well, praying for you. Hmmm.... this sucks.

January 19, 2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad to be sitting next to you in church last night. We weren't able to attend the 30th anniversary event, and I was sad that we weren't there to support you that day. So here we were sitting next to our good friend, and she's on the screen! Your little girl is beautiful! March 2nd, huh!? John shares his birthday with a lovely little girl!
We're praying daily for all of you
We love you!
Karen

January 19, 2006 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental