Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow fun...Read, 'It's no fun"

Since my last blog, we have been dealt snow, snow and more snow in the Chicagoland. The snow prevented me from getting home last Thursday from California as I was scheduled. After six hours in a plane, we were told to change to another plane and all the time Pete is telling me that nothing was letting up in Il. I asked to be bumped and be rescheduled to a new flight Friday AM. My new ticket actually bumped me to first class so that was very cool. However, in the ways of air travel these days, we had no sooner boarded the plane Friday when we were told to gather all our belongings; this plane had water in the under belly...not a good thing.

Now I am starting to wonder if I will ever get home again. We eventually got a new plane and I arrived home 24 hours late but home nevertheless.

The snow just keeps coming. Pete plows out us, our friend Karen and his mom and dad's place everytime there is new snow and the prediction for today is MORE snow, 8" to 12"! Good thing he looks so cute in his snowgear! I noted that the ole' groundhog saw his shadow on Groundhog's Day so buckle up for six more weeks of this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find I am in the minority - but I love snow and always wish for more, despite scraping, shoveling, slipping and sliding! Have a wonderfully warm, snuggly day inside.

February 07, 2008 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental