Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Loves and aches...

Because this blog is really my journal, I am getting antsy to write. I know I often have pictures of Denver, Maya and Isaiah posted, probably because we spend a lot of time with them. I sometimes wanted to pour out all the details of Katie and Tommy and what the reality of the divorce is, but I just can't yet. Katie needs to do that. But the reality is twins are coming into this world hopefully close to Thanksgiving or later. Several of my friends have new grandchildren on the way and I rejoice with them. I am envious of them. I wish I had a magic wand to alter the trajectory of this crazy course our family has been on.

But for right now, here's a few thing I love: Our new floor in the kitchen and family room. Kristin having a wonderful new boyfriend, Tyler, that we love. My sister JoAnne giving me a cardinal bookmark. Our "Table" experience with Buffalo Grove Willow Creekers last night. Going to the the Holidome with the Michel clan this weekend and not freaking out about being in a bathing suit. Looking forward to going to "Wicked" this weekend with Mandy, Heidi and Christa. Serving the homeless at PADS last Thursday until 3:00 AM with the cutest co-server, Pete.

And some things I ache for: Sharon and Ray missing their beloved Nikki. Pete's mom in the hospital, maybe facing surgery tomorrow morning. Greg and family being so far away. Old neighbor Jeanne going through major surgery and me not being in FL to be with her. Too many great friends in CO and FL and me being here. The new couple at Grief Support tonight who just lost their son two weeks ago. Divorce.

Enough. Good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,

So hard to read this and not feel your pain, yet you still find things to rejoice about. God is good! Praying for you now.

Kelly

October 17, 2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental