Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ch, ch, ch, ch, changes...

Famous David Bowie song, we have it. It is what I am feeling a lot of lately. Today driving I loved seeing the change of the trees, something I love about the midwest. I just finished switching out my decorative flag out front to the "Leaves" flag and swapped out the fake flowers to fake autumn blooms.

After reading Ashley's blog yesterday (linked here) , I can feel her gut wrenching as she absorbs the changes in her, in her family, in her new locale, in her friends. I wish I could hug her and tell her it will all be okay. And Cheryl's blog (linked to Greg's), getting ready to apply for college again for her music degree, more changes.

Us living a life without Laurie, huge sad change. Hayden and Reece, wonderful additions to our family, awesome change. Tommy in the process of changing jobs. And then changes again, in our family dynamic. Tomorrow Katie and Tommy will untie the knot. I am posting a picture of that day January 5th, 2001 when that crazy fun wedding took place. Just going down the line, I review the changes from that time. What if we knew, what would we change? Probably not a thing that would have made a difference. We loved each other then, we love each other now. I guess I am just sad for what was. Still knowing that the God that I loved then is the one thing that has not changed. He remains the same.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! Tell me this is not happening. I thought Katie was haveing twins the last I heard and was trying to work things out.If you tryed your best to work it out and you still can't make it work that is o.k. But just make sure that the kids are going to be o.k. I wish this was not happening I wish there was something I could do to help. I am so sorry.

October 04, 2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers. Denver, Maya and Isaiah will need lots more attention and love. I see split home kids everyday at work and these kids are angry. They don't like bouncing back from mom's place to dad's place. They don't feel either house is really their house. Its rough on these children. They need security. God, please watch over these three sweet kids. Keep your angels around them 24/7.......thanx.

October 04, 2006 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
Oh my. I can not believe this. It saddens my heart. Katie and Tommy are such a cute couple. TONS TONS of prayers and love go out to them today. Also to the kids. Espically those unborn ones. I wish I could help. I will keep praying. Anything you need, ask.
Kristin :)

October 05, 2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

Barb... one of those - no words... but my love and prayers to you and Katie, Tommy & cute kiddos. Pete too! :)

October 06, 2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental