Saturday, October 07, 2006

Did you see the moon tonight?

I walked with my dumb aching right leg tonight, impressed by the brightness and beauty of the almost full moon. The same moon that shone in Malaysia, in Michigan, in West Virginia, in Florida, in Colorado, in Pennsylvania shone tonight on me. I like that. The world is still turning, the sun comes up each morning, each of us trying to figure out how to do life.

I could do a little recount of the last few days...the highs and the lows, but I won't. I just know deep down, I can keep this up. This is the life I want, I love. I love all the interconnections, some so deeply close, some of them people I don't know...like Alex, but each of them part of me. I love that. And a comment this week from someone who in her professional life, experienced a suicide loss and we are a point of reference for her. Sad, so sad but part of the interconnecting.

Monday night our area experienced a terrific storm, Pete, Katie, Mike all said it was the worst they had ever driven in. Yet, Tuesday morning I went for a walk and saw an amazingly intricate spider web that had to have been created in a few short hours since the storm. It represented to me, that even after the scariest storm, beauty can still be created...and I can still see it.

To all those who need to see this today, "Hello, beautiful." May your day show you beauty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Barb, That was a perfect way to put life, A storm first then beauty. But you are right. Life can be so scary, so ugly but just give it a couple hours, days, and it can be all beautiful again...love, Gail

October 08, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hi Barb...

Just to let you know that I am still around, reading and praying for you and your family. I have felt very introverted lately, as I have been going through a hard time. I just didn't want you or Mandy to think I forgot about you guys, because I haven't. I have been keeping up with your blogs and thinking about you guys.

Take care,
Kim

October 11, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Kim,
Good to hear from you. Sorry that things are tough right now. Press on. Know you are prayed for from IL.
Love in Him, Barb

October 12, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental