Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My sister...Gail

September 27th, 1957. (Sorry, Gail. Yes, this tells your age.) I was eight, my sister Lin was seven. Mom and Dad brought home from the hospital this cute little baby girl, my sister, Gail. Happy birthday, dear one. I appreciate so much the unique perspective you have brought to our family! We are richer for it.

Were it not for you, I probably would not be married to Pete. Thank you for introducing the most wonderful guy in the world to our family and to me. At this stage of our lives we get that not all is a fairy tale with great endings. There is hard stuff, fun stuff, ridiculous stuff...God stuff. At 8 I had no idea what life would hold but I knew I had these sweet sisters (and one more to come) and that was good enough.

I have a gillion pictures but I like this one, though Lin is missing. Mom and us...Happy birthday, Gail. May this day bring you joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Thank you Barb, That was a very special Blog. When Pete and I met, it was in a business class in Mr. Silverman's class. Pete was such the entertainer you couldn't not love him. I am so proud of Pete and the man he is. Thank you Pete for loving my sister the way you do and the way you love everybody. God Bless you Bro. love, Gail...I miss Lin and Mom so much.

September 27, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Bigger than Me said...

Happy birthday, Aunt Gail!

September 27, 2006 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental