Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hey, dad...

So they say we get our picture of God from how we see our own fathers. Is that so? My dad represented many things to me in my lifetime...funny man, business man, bike racer, provider. In later years, pained man, tall story teller, a little off center. In the last weeks, sweet man grieving the loss of his wife, constant praiser, affectionate, loving, then in so much pain...

Dad, let this stand as my love letter to you. You, as my earthly father, did every thing you could to parent me as well as you could from what life dealt you. You were fun, came from a place I did not understand. I will always, always be so thankful for the opportunity to pray with you the prayer that brought you to heaven. I have often said it was better that you and mom entered heaven before Laurie. I don't think I could have ever explained what had happened to Laurie to you here on earth. So Dad, know how much I loved you. Know that these last two years since you've been gone from us has let me know what I am made of. You gave me enormous courage to face the future. Know that I know that raising four girls was huge...you were a great Dad.

Little Isaiah, now 3 yrs old, did the most interesting thing the other day. He just stopped in front of the picture of you and Mom. He stayed there for several minutes, almost talking to you. I had enough time to take a picture. He is so sweet; all the grandchildren are so sweet. I remember how you bragged about all of us. Did you say hi to Isaiah? He could use your goofy outlook right now. Watch over him, would you?

I love you Dad. Thanks for everything. Barb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental