Thursday, September 21, 2006

Blessed are they that mourn...

For they shall be comforted... Matthew 5:4

Our dear sweet friends, Ray and Sharon, their family and many others , have entered that House of Mourning. Pete and I walked in there with them. The wake, the funeral for their beautiful 24 year old daughter, so hard; meeting the fiancee's parents, who just went through their son's funeral the day before...Lord, please comfort them. We know the days ahead for them.

There are too many intimate details of the last 36 hours spent with them to recount but suffice to say, I know God placed us together over a decade ago, one couple from Buffalo Grove IL and another from Kalamazoo MI, to walk a journey most couples, thankfully, don't have to walk...bearing the death of a child. For Pete and me, it was almost as if the scab got ripped off again and that tender spot is exposed. But I acknowledge that tender spot and it makes me tender to them. Tender, too, to all those in my first small group at Grief Support.

Tonight I am tired. Talked to Greg on SKYPE; spoke with Katie. I just want to hug each of our kids and their wonderful spouses and the grandkids, and tell them how much I love them. Right now, though there are so many unanswered questions, I will rest in Him...comforted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental