Friday, July 14, 2006

A Profound Gift

One of the wonderful commenters to my last blog opened my eyes to this reality. Laurie was a profound gift. And beyond that, my life is a profound gift and so is all that has happened in my life to this point. And the neat part is that all going forward is a profound gift as well.

Thinking about my meltdown the other night, I have come to realize that just standing in the pain once in a while is not a bad thing. It is still part of my process and I am okay with that. One of my old small group girls, Kim, now a young woman, recently wrote a blog http://simplyme322.blogspot.com/ entitled "Really". How am I really? Going through the stuff but still standing, still able to laugh and enjoy my life, appreciate beauty... really.

And now I am looking forward to the weekend. All righty then. Hot training walk tomorrow. The Overnight is less than four weeks away. 20 miles, oh man. Our team, Laurie's Legacy http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm has reached the $6700 mark, but several on our team of 11 still need to get to the $1000 mark or come up with the difference themselves. I so believe in the importance of the work AFSP does. I like the idea that even a $10 donation helps save a life. That, too, is a profound gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental