Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Just enough...

I had just finished what seemed a pretty good blog entry and then I totally lost it. It went somewhere, it is whirling out in space some place. I am going to take that as God wanting me to rewrite my thoughts.

Right this very minute I am enjoying an evening away on business, in a nice hotel room with my trusty laptop, no pressing details, just a chance to reflect. Driving to Beloit WI gave me time to think. Stopping at one of my company’s principals ( A company I rep for and sell their products.) I met two of my old friends. One has had her share of hard times with a son. We quickly shared and then promised to keep praying for each other. God, lift Jo up, okay?

What has continued to press into my brain is that God provides just enough. Over the last six months I have been quiet about details about Katie because it is her story.
What has been so amazing to me is that God has continued to give us just enough hope to get us through each day. Just enough hope…And here we are.

Last night Katie, Tommy, Pete and I had dinner together. We determined that we had not done this since the first night we met Tommy. (Thank you, Lisa, for being such a wonderful last minute babysitter. Just enough.) We got together to calibrate, celebrate and commit to whatever God has ahead for us. I have enough hope to know that God continues to provide just enough to get through the next day, the next week, the next month.

The very fact that Katie has moved back home is stunning. The way Tommy has shown that he is a man after God’s heart is testimony to God’s faithfulness. Seeing Denver, Maya and Isaiah responding to all this is almost more than I can grasp. God, thank you, that You never fail. You are not just enough. God. You are more than enough. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb...

So glad to read your blog this morning. I'm also thankful that He does hear the prayers of His people and does grant the desires of our hearts if it is within His will. We are all blessed.

You have a great day.

In His Love,

Eileen G.

June 15, 2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness! I've been reading your blog for nearly a year after I stumbled across Greg's.

I love seeing that you guys are a family that is there for each other NO MATTER WHAT! You share a common love for the Lord and though not perfect, you are a beautiful example of what a family can and should be. Thank you for your testimony.

And way to go, Katie. Know that with God and the bonus support of family and friends you can overcome anything.

Love you all! (can I say that even though I don't really know you? ha!) God bless!!
Tracie

June 15, 2006 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case you didn't know- your grandkids are awesome! Such sweethearts, good listeners, and so fun! Thanks for sharing. Let Pete know I have some water balloons that I can totally fill up and bring over :)
Lots of love!

June 15, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger NicaGirl said...

Barb, my friend, it is so wonderful to see the healing that is taking place with Katie and the family. God is awesome and He can restore anything that is broken. I am continuing to pray for all of you!
Blessings,
Meg

June 15, 2006 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever posted about the "reeling news" you spoke of in your April 29 post?

June 16, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger shelly said...

Barb - I love your gift of faith to not just say but know that God is more than enough. That always encourages me. I read this post at work last night after I had spoken to a young girl who was very depressed and I was feeling inadequate on what to tell her...and with faith I prayed that God would be more than enough for this girl and for me in that moment. Thanks for that reminder. Wish we could go on walks together to train, but I'll just have to wait til the real thing! :)
Love you.
Shelly

p.s. "anonymous" i think Barb has been MORE than gracious and kind to share what is going on in her life and in her families through these blogs, and I don't think it's necessary or any of your business to ask further details.

sorry barb had to add my 2 cents. :)

June 16, 2006 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Shelly"... I was only inquiring as to offer up a few extra prayers and thought Barb may be more comfortable, now that some time has gone by. I am not the first person to ask a personal question and it was meant with the utmost of sincerity and concern. I'm sure Barb will only share details if she cares to and it really wasn't necessary" or "any of your business" to decide otherwise.

June 16, 2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Friends,
To be both direct and indirect, the "reeling news" is a big deal, huge deal, but God is bigger and huge-er. And it is something I do not feel comfortable sharing now. I am usually pretty upfront and transparent but this is not about me. This is something Katie and Tommy need to work through, with God's hand on them every step of the way. Please pray for that.

Love in Him, still, Barb

June 16, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Barb,

I often struggle with finding the right words to say, so I will try and keep it simple so I make sense. You amaze me. Your family amazes me. It is such a gift that you share your testimony with us. The neverending support your family has for each other is something that ALL families should have. You inspire me.

Always,
Kim

June 16, 2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!Thank you for sharing the wonderful recent events!

June 17, 2006 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental