Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ouch, that still hurts...

I needed a few days to absorb how I felt going through Laurie's birthday and now I have a great analogy. I went to the dentist Friday for a regular checkup and cleaning. All was well. This morning I woke up with a toothache and it has not subsided. It is one of those toothaches where when it is not actually hurting, you run your tongue over the sore spot to see if it's still there. And OUCH! Yes, it's still there, it still hurts. That is how it was going down to the lake Wednesday with Katie. I felt okay as I packed up some flowers, some sidewalk chalk, a baseball hat of Laurie's. But, ouch, the pain is still there.

It started with us pulling into the parking lot and seeing a Chicago Fire Department Dive team truck there near the water's edge. Divers training for... ughhhhh.

And then the four teenage boys throwing a football around up high near the Planetarium. Doesn't the football go flying into the lake and one of the boys says he's going to swim out and get it and he does. Katie and I cringe as he goes into the water; he retrieves the football and swims back to the newly painted ladder and bright yellow rails. Okay, okay, take a breathe. We do and the moment passes. So yeah, the pain is still there maybe slightly duller. Sometimes it seems I just cannot keep from running my tongue on that sore spot.

The other side, the next Season of the Soul, is still seeing the joy in life. The non-blogging kids, Chris and Christa and Kristin are off on a short camping adventure this week. Greg and Cheryl and girls are counting down the days before they leave the USA. I got together for breakfast Saturday with my small group girls at IHOP and loved it. Pete and I had a date night Friday and saw "Failure to Launch" and laughed out loud. Had dinner with good friends Saturday night with Katie and the kids and saw Katie thanking them for their help with her kids and for trying to understand what has been going on with her. And other news with Katie, well, I guess I will just post a picture...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental