Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

This past Sunday, Easter, was one of those great days I cherish. Early morning Easter egg hunt at 921 with the kids cooperating and letting the little kids find the easy eggs. The world famous Eggs Goldenrod made and eaten (and the annual call from son Chris on how to make the world famous Eggs Goldenrod.) All of us getting to church in time for one of the most amazing Easter services Willow has ever done...sweet.

Our Easter feast was hosted by son and daughter-in-law Chris and Christa and it was fabulous. Pete's folks were there and feeling the love. Their health has been so shaky lately; it was great to have them there enjoying their kids, grandkids and great grandkids. We celebrated Pete's birthday, too, and that was cool, too. Granddaughter Izzy arrived just in time.

Dessert was followed by Guitar Hero, a new family tradition. I love the way different family members show a whole new side when they get behind a guitar or microphone. Hilarious.

Holidays always bring me back to thinking about Laurie in a more intense way. At one point I slipped away from the festivities, and wouldn't you know it? I can hear a cardinal singing. It didn't take long before I spotted him high in a tree. I am reminded that God is near in all situations and He knows my heart. The worries and sadness can still be given to Him and He will bear it for me. He made that sacrifice long ago for me...resurrection, new life, Easter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your words about Laurie and the cardinal. It is quite an irony that when I became mentally ill my dear mother tried to get rid of me; all the while speaking the words of love!She did enjoy a big worldly advantage:being hardened she felt no pain for my plight.But I feel and honor the love you have for Laurie and your contiuing to abide in Gods' grace.That makes all the difference now and in the heavenly world to come!Thanks, Don

April 22, 2009 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental