Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring is in the air?

For two weeks now I have been babying a flat of beautiful purple (Go NU!) pansies. Bringing them out into the sun when the weather is predicted to be warm, scurrying the flat back into the garage on cold nights. I water when necessary and in general smile every time I pass them in the garage. But come on, now; will I ever get to actually plant them?

We confiscated a cute Cozy Coupe and a little motorized motorcycle from someone's garbage pile two Tuesdays ago. (Thank you, Pete, for always being on the lookout.) I vaguely remember the warm afternoon we could enjoy the 2 year old twins as they enjoyed the latest addition to grandma and grandpa's fun backyard. Our backyard could double for a preschool!

And so I wait for warm weather. I am starting to walk in preparation for the Overnight and actually got my first donation without making the ask yet. How cool is that?

Come on, Spring...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Barb,
As always, what a blessing to see pictures of your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing with others. I pray God will bless your training for the Overnight. Can you give us a link to your team's fund raising link?

Blessings

March 30, 2009 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the trash?

April 03, 2009 1:33 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Yep, the trash. We've like to think of it more like Free Cycle, but yep, the trash.

April 03, 2009 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental