Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Overnight 2009

This weekend I signed up for the 20 mile AFSP Overnight Walk. I've done the walk in 2005 and 2006 and several 5K community walks since Laurie's death. My best guesstimate is that we have raised in excess of $50K as part of Laurie's Legacy Teams. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention does terrific work in educating and I am committed to continuing to do what I can to prevent others from making a terrible choice.

Just this week, I received two messages asking for resources, guidance in helping two families who's life trajectories just altered due to suicide of a loved one.

On the sweet side, I also received a wonderful comment left about Laurie on my blog, "How amazing when God shows up!" . Adam, a former neighbor, shared some personal and moving testimony. I am blessed with moments like that.

May this week be filled with blessings. Each day is a treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental