Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So, what's new?

I have almost come to the place where I cringe a little when someone asks me that. I bet they are waiting to hear if Jerry Springer has called us yet for an appearance...

These last weeks have been mostly filled with fun. A stay at the Holidome with my sister, Gail and assorted grandkids, a really terrific Fourth of July weekend, a reasonable rhythm to our life. Pete's parents are requiring more care but not so much we can't handle. What I do sense is an overall feeling that too many of our friends and some family have just had major struggles going on...marriages, relationships, jobs. Frustration that life isn't turning out the way they expected. My prayer radar is tuned up cuz that's often all I can do.

And tonight I am lucky to be using Katie's computer while I sit for the kids while she is at work. It turns out that our trusty home computer blew a gasket or something and we will be replacing it. Sunday night I had picked out some photos to download on my blog but decided to wait til morning. That night we had a big storm and while reading in bed, the biggest, loudest clap of thunder crashed. I truly thought it was a gunshot; I looked over to see if Pete was still breathing! Strangely, Pete never even heard the blast. I went downstairs, checked around, sniffed around for possible fire. I mean, it was that close. No apparent damage until the next morning when we discovered our computer was blown, modem not functioning, slingbox fried. Boo. So we are now in rebuild mode. Hopefully, we can recover everything on our hard drive.

Last note to anyone who might be interested. We have found Facebook to be a great way for our far flung family to quickly keep updated. Facebook also has a really fast method to download albums of pics. Love it! So, what's new with you?

5 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

I miss you..Gail

July 10, 2008 3:01 PM  
Blogger Jon Burgess said...

Barb

If you want any help trying to fix your old computer or advice on a new one let me know at jon_lb@hotmail.com

Jon Burgess

July 10, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Was your computer left on? Just curious - whata bummer!! i hope you had the hard drive backed up.

July 11, 2008 12:03 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Jon, You are terrific to offer. We have a new computer and Pete is busy installing our programs. It will be a bit til we are totally up and running and it looks like I will have to rebuild my address book. Boo. worse, I have lost a lot of saved emails, especially a lot of Laurie's stuff, though I have hard copies of most. Urg. And, yes to computer was on. We had a good surge protector too. Guess we are lucky the house did not burn!

PS I am typing this at my friend's computer. Thanks, Karen. You rock, too.

July 12, 2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger Jon Burgess said...

Barb

My offer stands if you need any help recovering data from the old hard drive or any further computer advice.

My advice is free and available always

Jon

July 13, 2008 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental