Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thursday turn around...

Normal day at work, still reflecting on the great day I had before up at camp watching Katie in action as camp nurse, all the kids having such a fun time. I had an especially great time cuddling with 18 month old Rylan when we went down to the beachfront. He hates to get messy and sitting on the sand did not appeal to him, so we cuddled. And later Kylie, Rylan and I sat on towels and watched the rest of the kids in the water...I remember thinking, "This is living in the moment, very precious."

So on Thursday I was in anticipation of meeting with my old small group girls, now all grown up, for dinner. Halfway down Rte. 53 my cell phone rings answering the mounting anxiety I had after getting some emergency notifications in my inbox. I actually thought something had happened to one of my in-laws. No, it was Katie saying Rylan had a temperature of 105.5 and the walk-in emergency care facility was talking helicoptering Rylan to Milwaukee Children's Memorial Hospital. Could I get up to camp right away to care for the other three little ones. Off at the next exit, turning around and making calls as I drove, picking up some clothes and driving the hour ride to camp in less than.

That hour and the hours that followed until almost 1:30 AM were filled with prayer, worry and Satan's murmuring that yesterday might be the last time I ever held that little guy. Did that cardinal that flew right in from of me earlier signal me that through it all God would be with me, even through tragedy? I will write more later about how great camp was and post pictures, but right now I am grateful for the news that came in that late night call that said Rylan was improving, the temperature was dropping and he was not going to be hospitalized. Can I just say, "Thank you, God. You rule!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

Trust Rylan is doing better!

:-)

(Tell him the Cubs swept the Sox, that oughta help some!)

June 24, 2008 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental