Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Merry Go Round

Last week had me going off to Lansing NC for three days for business, which meant I would not be able to say last minute goodbys to the next Boncimino clan to move to Asia. Yep, the second son Chris, his beautiful wife, Christa and their boys are off to live in Singapore for several months, business trip for them, too. What's with our family and Asia? We are grateful this is not for as long as the Malaysian clan is committed to stay in southeast Asia, but bittersweet, still.

For Father's Day we celebrated at church with the twins, had a great brunch with Pete's family and then headed late in the afternoon to bring the babies up tp our camp, Lake Geneva Youth Camp, to join Katie, camp nurse for the week and their siblings. Denver was busy being cool 2nd year camper so we never got a picture of him but Maya and Isaiah were taking to staff kid life pretty quickly. They loved showing us around! Seeing all the grandkids playing on the same merry go round that all my kids had played on, some as long as 30 years ago, was mind boggling and gratifying. More second generation serving at a place we love, where spiritual formation takes place in a safe, solid atmosphere. Seeing Katie working hard caring for the campers made me smile. Many years ago I always gave my friend Diane the business when she was camp nurse saying she had it so easy. Okay, Di, I take it back. It is hard work, especially with your own kids to care for too.

Camp last week was also a place where my hunk of Godly nephew served at Royal Family Camp, a specially designed camp for kids in the foster care system. Pete went up to serve there too by entertaining for a lunch time. And as God would appoint, he met up with old boyfriends of both our girls, Laurie and Kristin. We love these young men and I am especially proud of all these men mentioned here.

So our merry go round goes on and on...each day an adventure!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Wow, life is just a busy place with so much to do. So many places to see. I'm only in Colorado, and it seems too far from IL. I love you and we will get on the merry go round together. Love, Gail

June 17, 2008 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any update on Scott? (Laurie's fiance)

June 17, 2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger Barb K said...

No. We have not heard from Scott at all. Last time I saw him was at a new Starbucks about year and a half ago. He is no longer there and no one has told me they have seen him.

June 17, 2008 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Blockbuster Movie DVD Rental